Visa Help Websites

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by wcblack34, Dec 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. wcblack34

wcblack34 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know of any reputable websites/companies that can help with procuring visas?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    In what country/region and going where?

3. wcblack34

wcblack34 Silver Member

Status Points:
    US Citizen. In general mostly, but Russia and China primarily. There are a lot of countries that I'd like to go to that require visas prior to entry.

I've heard that there are a couple of companies that help streamline the process a bit. I just want to make sure that any company I use for it is reputable and trustworthy.

4. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually use my local travel agency for Visa applications to China. Worked well a few times for me. I'm Canadian.

5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    For Russian visas, I found Go To Russia Travel offering the most streamlined and cost-effective service.

wcblack34 likes this.
  6. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know of an equivalent for Canadians?

I was planning a "detour" through Russia once, but when I found out about the visa requirements and especially read the stories of people having a hard time getting the visa, I just decided not to take the detour. However, if I have another chance to go there, then I'd like to.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Travisa gets pretty good reviews in these parts. I've never used them but a number of people I know have for China and it was well reviewed. I did China on my own at the embassy in NYC. Never done Russia.

anileze and wcblack34 like this.
  8. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    ABriggs does BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China). They are based in DC with offices major cities. I have used a local fixer, few blocks from me, from time to time for countries such as Vietnam etc. However, some countries have already outsourced their paperwork and application handling (not the actual visa issuance) to one or the other agency. So, using another agency would mean paying twice the processing fees over and above the visa fees charged by Embassy or Consulate.

To do business, you need a visa for many countries, who otherwise allow visa-free entry to USPs. These agencies facilitate in expediting that process.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  9. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    For the China visa, using a Chinese Travel agency can be a lot cheaper than a regular visa service. Since LA no longer does same day Chinese visas, I used a Chinese travel agency in San Diego, thanks to Captain Oveur.