Visa for tours to Israel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by journeyman14, Oct 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. journeyman14

journeyman14 New Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

Does anyone know if Americans need a visa for tours to Israel? If you go through a tour operator, will they sort out the visa? Looking to go in January for a party of 5 to Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa and the Dead Sea. Can anyone suggest places to see and a reliable tour operator for Israel?

Thanks

daninstl likes this.
  2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    No visa needed for US Passport holders.

You could begin by making a list of things you want to see, and the time you have. Then, select a hotel for stay in TLV (That would be your arrival airport coming from an international flight ?)

Once in TLV, you can get a list of tour operators from the hotel front desk. In my last trip, I used to take the early morning bus from the bus station to go to Jerusalem, and return in the evening.

Dead Sea: Last(this?) year it did snow in and around Jerusalem, and the weather is getting weirder every place; so water night not be that warm in January.

daninstl likes this.
  3. judyrubenstein

judyrubenstein New Member

Status Points:
    One of the places you may want to do are the Bahai gardens in Haifa, half a million tourists a year cannot be wrong :)

Many other places of course, but not sure whether you're looking at a religious Jewish heritage tour or just going to see the country in general.

You do not need a visa to travel to Israel if you have a US passport. Tour operator should be able to help. There are several choices, one of the oldest ones are isram but there are a few out there.

daninstl likes this.
  4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not part of the website and have no interest in it (I'm not advertising for them) but you might check out dansdeals.com as he is always covering deals involving travel to Israel and has a lot of good info.

anileze likes this.