Visa for China-who do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by broncob, Mar 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. broncob
    Original Member

broncob Silver Member

Status Points:
    My daughters and I are flying this routing in early May: MSP-LAX-CAN-ICN (overnight-visiting a friend) ICN-PEK-CAN-LAX-MSP. We will be in Beijing for a little over a week (only transiting in CAN). We need visa's for China and since I can't swing a trip to Chicago, I was wondering who all you MPer's recommend for the visa service and what they cost. Also, do you generally apply for the multi-entry for 12 months since is it the same price as all the others? My father has moved to Beijing so we may visit again soon-better to have the multi-entry visa just in case.
    Thanks!

Junca and savydog like this.
  2. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    Junca and kwai like this.
  3. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I went to the consulate in NY last spring to get my 1 year multiple entry visa. This apparently is fairly easy in the US and I needed to beg for a 6 month 2 entry the year before at the embassy in Vientiane Laos.

Do you know anyone near an embassy, consulate that can do this for you? it would be cheaper to buy them dinner than pay the fees to an agency for, what seems to be, at least 3 passports.

4. broncob
    Original Member

broncob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I do not know anyone near the consulate who can take it in for me. I have heard good things about Travisa and Chinese Visa Express, just wondering if anyone here had any particularly good or bad experiences with these or other visa services.

savydog likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Really good question about who does the best job, haven't heard complaints about travisa though am not an expert since living in DC I can pretty much pop over to any of the embassies. :)

6. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have used BCV Visa in the past, and they delivered accurately and even faster than promised.

Their rates for a multiple entry visa processed in four days is $169. That breaks down as $140 visa fee and $29 BCV service charge. You can have them send it back to you by Fedex or if you want to save money and you're not in a hurry, you can even send them a self addressed/stamped priority mail envelope.

They are based in Houston and use the Houston Consulate of the PRC.

Their link: http://www.bcvisa.com/

7. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've used Zierer Visa Service several times. They have always been professional, fast and efficient. www.zvs.com. Sounds like you have the potential for many trips to Beijing in your future. Lucky you!

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've used g3visas.com (Chicago office) several times after it was recommended by a university's China program office. I didn't have any problems and they seemed efficient, knowledgeable, and responsible. I think I paid by check and supplied my own FedEx form and envelope and I think I was able to track the progress of my visa on line, but I might be confused. YMMV.

I've been told that you might as well apply for multi-entry for the same price and this is pretty automatic if you've previously had a Chinese visa. I think for initial applicants the consulate might sometimes bump it down to single or double entry, but not deny it because you asked for multi-entry.

Be sure to follow the directions carefully and enclose all required documents.

Junca likes this.