Virtuous connection at LAX

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYBanker, Apr 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flying on AA133 connecting to QF12 tonight...which provides for a 3 hour layover at LAX. Rather than sit in the lounge and eat and drink, for the second time now, i went out for a run between flights. I find this a great way to spend connection time and really enjoy it.

My travel made this a bit complicated, but it worked out just fine. I arrive at T4 and need to transfer to TBIT. I went down to the bus shuttle area, but was told due to some delays, the next shuttle wasn't leaving for 45 minutes (versus the normal 30 minutes). So, i went up to the FL at T4 to drop my stuff instead of transiting first.

The agents at the T4 FL are always very nice and are very welling to hold my bags behind the counter in their little dragon room while I'm out running. I pack my running gear in the top of one of my bags, so I can access it quickly and change in the washroom in the FL. Because my onward journey was out of TBIT, I needed an access pass to get back into T4...which the FL dragon gave me without issue.

Last year, I found a very nice running path (wide, unused sidewalk) on the road on the north perimeter of the airport. It's about 10 miles round trip from T4 down to the beach, which I did late last year. Tonight I ran just 10 km, having done a big run this morning.

When I got back to the terminal, i cleared security with my gate pass without issue...though a few stares. (ie: I hope I'm not sitting next to the sweaty guy.) They were expecting me at the AC entrance and let me go straight up to the FL without presenting credentials. (I took a FL key with me...so I was able to swipe in easily.) The dragon brought out my bags when I arrived and handed me a shower key. A quick shower....Two post-run coronas later (ok, not completely virtuous), I'm now in j on the qf12 and looking forward to a good nights rest!

If you like to run, this is a great way to go...if you're in a premium cabin, it's pretty easy to do!

2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow - must be getting late. I read the above as "Two post-run coronaries later...." Time for me to get some shuteye. :D

3. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's some lucky TSA grunt thrilled that you didn't get picked, and subsequently opt out of, a nudie scope.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin likes this.
  4. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha. That was my first thought, too. I'd like the sweaty pat down please.

kwai likes this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lol.