VIRGIN AUSTRALIA NEW BUSINESS CLASS 737-800 HBA-MEL FLIGHT REVIEW + Melbourne Lounge

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by ohianjo, Feb 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ohianjo
    Original Member

ohianjo Silver Member

Status Points:

Hey Everyone, continuing the 'Virgin' theme this week, here is a full review for Virgin Australia's new Business Class [​IMG]

Following the transition from LCC to hybrid carrier, Virgin Blue rebranded as Virgin Australia, launching last month their new Business Class service.

As I usually fly Virgin Australia when I am back 'down under', I thought the time was ripe to try the great new product. (Plus the great new 737-800 aircraft Virgin has flying to Tasmania.

Service was amazing, and the new crisp clean cabin added much to the inflight experience. Seat colouring in economy plays off well with the new airline branding, and seat pitch is generous.

While I appreciated the funky purple Plexiglas cabin divider (*cough* Virgin America), but I felt a bit like an animal in an enclosure, watched by over 150 other passengers... lets just say I prefer the solid curtain [​IMG]

Tell me what you think in the comments below, would love to hear your opinion [​IMG]

Also you can see my past flight reviews below:

VIRGIN ATLANTIC UPPER CLASS:

ANA Y/J 787 Review:

QANTAS J A380 SIN-MEL Review:

KOREAN AIR J/F A330 Review:

EVA Air J 744 PVG-TPE Review:

THAI F (suites) 77W Review:

ANA J 767 HKG-NRT Review:

SQ J A330 TPE-SIN Review:

SQ F (Suites) A380 SIN-MEL Review:

TAHKUCT likes this.
  2. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice vid.
    See you got one of the new BSI planes as well.
    (Virgin has also been retrofitting the new Business in its older 737-800s. There are still a few unretrofitted 737-700s running around which will graduallly be returned to the leasing companies over the year.