Virgin Atlantic to close Little Red next year

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by uggboy, Oct 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Virgin Atlantic to close Little Red next year

2. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read this news on Monday just before boarding my 99th Little Red sector. I apologised to the crew for excessively using Little Red in the point-to-point way in which Mr Branson had not intended. I know that even though most of the ABZ and EDI flights were full meant nothing with most of the fares sold being UK taxes.

I nonetheless feel I did my bit deliberately purchasing more expensive Z class tickets on VS Little Red because they earn Business Status credits toward VA Velocity.

The Scottish crew made a fuss of me on my 100th Little Red flight yesterday. It was a melancholy milestone. Although the flight crews have been offered roles with VS mainline, that is a whole other lifestyle for the Scots crews who are used to getting home every night, many of whom had worked long haul when they were younger. For those women and men, it holds no appeal now. They are nonetheless glad of an end to uncertainty.

I wish them all the best for their futures. They deserve it.