Virgin Atlantic Silver to UA

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Efilon87, Jun 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I jumped on board the free silver status on Virgin Atlantic. I was wondering if I would be able to do a status challenge on UA? I have a trip on Copa in Business class coming up that will net me about 12,600 miles one way.

Now, if I were able to do the status challenge with UA to match silver, and I was able to reach the miles needed for the Gold, would I be given gold or only silver?

Thanks!!

~Efilon87

2. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you status challenge to silver, you'll be given requirements you have to meet for silver (usually x miles/y segments within z days). Most likely, status challenging on UA will require that you meet their challenge requirements BIS (butt-in-seat) on UA... Copa won't count. Yes you can earn UA miles/segment credit on Copa, but UA status challenges require you meet the challenge requirements booked on 016 stock and flown BIS on UA metal.

Someone else may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was the findings the last time this came up.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Copa counts:
    http://www.united.com/web/en-us/app...ons/registrationDetails.aspx?promoCode=TB8230

If you're going to have 12,600 PQMs you should do the Gold challenge assuming they let you as that will be enough to qualify (12,500 required).

8MiHi, Efilon87 and webdes03 like this.
  4. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You know... when I was writing that, I thought... 'if anyone will correct me, it'll be Wandering Aramean'...

*Bows to the Master*

8MiHi and Efilon87 like this.
  5. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:

It doesn't hurt to ask; worst case they say no.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  7. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    True, should I just email them or is there a phone number I can call?

8. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    *waits for Wandering Aramean to jump in with the magical answer*

You don't want to call the general 1-800 number. You might try @United, they may point you in the right direction. Say that you have Status at another airline/alliance and would like to know what challenge opportunities exist to bring your business to UA.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Click the link I posted above. It has all the details you need. There's a reason I included it. ;)

webdes03 and brucewil like this.