Virgin Atlantic Flying Club

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by Darcie, Mar 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Darcie
    Original Member

Darcie Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are going to review Virgin Atlantic Flying Club in the May issue of InsideFlyer magazine and would like your input.

If you would like to participate, please post your response in the thread with the pros and cons of membership in Flying Club and grade the program from A to F (A being the highest grade). You can include a plus or minus with the rating.

You can also respond directly to me at dmankell@insideflyer.com.
    Thank you!

2. I have been watching this thread, as a new(ish) Flying Club member with little experience I was not sure how much value my opinion would be... But I was interested in reading the responses. Nonetheless, as this section doesn't seem to get as many visits, below is my (30k, red) view on FC.

Pros
    Shopping via FC affiliate links earns miles
    Good award availability ex UK
    1:1 Amex Rewards points ratio
    Earn 1:1 on Forex
    Silver in 15 flights, Gold in 20 (economy, in 13 months)
    3 year miles expiry can be zeroed by a £1 purchase via shopping affiliate links
    Frequent reward seat sales.

Cons
    Not in an alliance
    Tax/YQ at full rate on award redemption
    Average award pricing
    No sliding scale for part redemptions (2000 miles + cash only)

3. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you know how many flying blue points u get for flying upper class lax-lhr round trip and is it better to use those miles on flying blue than a partner airline?