Virgin Atlantic Award Booking

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by paladinua, Aug 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, VS newbie question:

Booking an award for my folks, do I need to book it out of their Flying Club account or mine? I know BA is very strict and I'm not sure if its a UK thing or a BA thing.

Thanks!

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    To book an award, you need to be signed into the account from which you'll be taking the points. Only you and your folks can decide which account will provide the points.

paladinua likes this.
  3. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - no, its a question of which account I put the points in (using UR points). Was concerned about transferring that many points and not be able to do it.

4. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Resurrecting an older thread...

What method do you all recommend for searching for Upper class award tickets? I'm trying to find one seat from the US west coast (if possible) to position myself for the SMD6 trip May 9th, and am coming up blank with any space. Would love to burn down my small Delta stash of miles before they worth even less (if that's possible!), and this is the only TATL trip in my foreseeable future where I'll be without the rest of my family. Now all I need to have happen is the stars to align and have an available seat.

Is the best place to search really on V-A.com, bumping through city-by-city to see if there is any space available, or might there be an easier alternative?

Thx,
    -theBOAT

5. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    KVS Tool supports VS Award Availability:
    http://Help.KVSTool.com/#VS

At the moment, there are no C Awards available from LAX anytime in May:

[KVS Tool 7.7.5/Diamond - Awards/VS]
    Code:
    LAX  Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
    LON  London Metro UK = LHR LGW STN LTN LCY SEN QQS ZLS XQE
    FRI  01 May 2015 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive         St  Award Availability
    ---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------------
                                                                Awards Available:
                                                                CS: 2 Jun

theBOAT likes this.
  6. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm wishing for a 'dislike' button at the moment! Not for KVS, obviously, but for lack of space.

Thanks for checking.

theBOAT

7. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I did a happy dance this morning because I see award availability on VS.com for the exact flight I want. Of course, Delta.com is not showing any open space on that flight (or anytime that week)... I thought if Virgin had open space in UC that Delta could book it, too? Ugh.

theBOAT