Virgin America unveils even cooler plane

Discussion in 'Virgin America | Elevate' started by uggboy, Sep 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Virgin America unveils even cooler plane:)

Virgin America, which by any estimation was already the neatest commercial US carrier, is going even more high-tech.

The airline debuted its service just a few years ago but has become wildly popular thanks to features like in-cabin mood lighting, modern touchscreen displays in seatbacks, the ability to order food and drinks whenever you want, and Wi-Fi connectivity for a fee.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, the airline only serves a few of the largest hubs in the country, including New York's JFK airport, San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. The carrier is continuing to expand, though, and we're not just talking about new cities.

Virgin America will be the first airline to use a new in-flight system that makes seatback displays a more social experience. With other airlines like Jetblue and Delta, passengers can enjoy TV and music from their personal screens, but that's about it. It's very limited.

Virgin America's new system will bring Wi-Fi connectivity to seatback displays, making it possible for passengers to send e-mails, go online, check their frequent flyer account, etc.

more...

http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-law-brief/58457-virgin-america-unveils-even-cooler-plane

JohnDeere19 and Quasiconvexity like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Simply amazing that a company can do all this and be profitable!

3. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    That second part isn't quite true yet ;)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Except they charge for it. I don't know how some people stand it, but I just don't see $7-10 of value in two to four hours of internet or TV. I manage to go without TV at all at home (and I can easily afford it), and I can certainly go without for a few hours on a plane. The reason I got into mileage running was partly because it afforded an opportunity to get away from annoyances and just read for a few hours in peace.