Virgin America, United Airlines gates are ready (pretty much) at Dallas Love Field

Discussion in 'DFW/DAL | Dallas Area Airports' started by Newscience, Aug 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Virgin America, United Airlines gates are ready (pretty much) at Dallas Love Field

"We flew out of Dallas Love Field on Sunday morning, and that gave us a chance to take a look at the progress of construction on the 20-gate terminal.

While Southwest Airlines has been operating out of the new facility since April 2013, other flights – by ExpressJet on behalf of United Airlines and Delta Airlines and by SeaPort Airlines – are still flown out of the old Terminal 1.

We can report that the gates for Virgin America and United, the leaseholders in the new terminal, look ready from the passengers’ side. Equipment remains to be installed at the agents’ stations, but chairs and decorations seem to be largely there."

Read the article (with plenty of pictures) here:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/

uggboy and blackjack-21 like this.
  2. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    The City of Dallas has done a good job with this new terminal project. It's on-time and under budget. Now they need to work on building more parking.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's been my experience that it's a rare airport that has enough (and inexpensive) parking freely available.

4. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very true, but it's now especially acute at DAL.

Garage A (the close-in structure) routinely fills up on busy days, and the valet service operates at near capacity.

With the expiration of the Wright Amendment, boardings are projected to increase by 700,000 by the end of 2015. Parking demand on an average day would then exceed the current capacity by about 900 spaces.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I almost got skunked out of parking during Memorial Day weekend at BWI airport. I discovered the off-site private parking alternatives available when all the public lots were filled, and expect the same to occur this coming holiday weekend. And there are some airports you couldn't pay me to drive to try to find a parking spot among non-existent parking, such as at DCA. :mad: