Vintage HP LaserJet Printer and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Gaucho, Oct 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK... so I want to try to install a vintage HP Laserjet 3015 PCL 5 printer over my office network.... my laptop is running Windows 7. I cant do the plug and play thing, as Win 7 finds the old timer on the network but doesnt seem to have a driver. Windows then goes to Win Update and then says it cant find the driver....

But then I search on the HP support site and it appears that Win 7 should already have this driver.... or am I just searching in the wrong place....?

Thanks for any tips / suggestions the resident tech gurus can have for me.

Cheers,
    Alex

misman likes this.
  2. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try this perhaps? http://www.softwarepatch.com/includ...ug=hp-laserjet-3015-pcl-5&id=416#.UHSf_BXA9s8

Gaucho likes this.
  3. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    This link also addresses the issue with HP. One of the links in here may help you. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printe...rjet-3015-problems-with-windows-7/td-p/916973

Gaucho likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you kindly.,... I will review the above links tomorrow and report back.

Gracias !!!

5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good luck!

Gaucho likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im gonna need it..... :oops:

7. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes you are!

I had this same problem a few months back with a color laser jet 2840 which is not compatible with win 7. HP told me to just buy a new printer.
    I had to install a generic hp driver and run compatibility mode and now I can print, but the scan functions no longer work from the printer to my laptop.

Gaucho likes this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow..... are you serious about HP telling you to buy a new one....????!!!!! Damn it, its not that you call HP to fix an issue with a Canon printer, you are already a customer for crying out loud..... :mad:

Ive been a HP loyalist for ages... but its things like the above that want me to tell HP to shove their stuff up their you know what and go buy Kyocera instead....