Viewing BA e-tickets

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by The Saint, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Lan.com site offers a useful function to view e-tickets.

http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/recibo_eticket/recibo_eticket.cgi

Enter your booking reference and surname (doesn't work with ticket numbers).

Especially handy when you have changed a booking to see whether the e-ticket has been correctly updated.

Globaliser, G-BOAC, Prospero and 5 others like this.
  2. G-BOAC
    Original Member

G-BOAC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find it a bit hit and miss with no real pattern I can identify - sometimes it works with PNR+name for me, others it only works if I put in the ticket number + name instead. When it does work though, it's very handy!

3. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, I should have made clear that it is good for viewing BA e-tickets via PNR (not e-ticket). It doesn't like BD PNRs at all.

G-BOAC have you managed to get it to display other carriers e-tickets through ticket numbers?

Phobia likes this.
  4. G-BOAC
    Original Member

G-BOAC Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, sorry, I meant BA tickets too - I can't find a reason for it, but sometimes it won't work for me with PNR but does with a ticket number, and vice versa. Very odd [​IMG]

Phobia likes this.
  5. Do you know if it would work for other (non-BA, non-LAN) OW e-tickets as well, such as QF's?

6. G-BOAC
    Original Member

G-BOAC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I pulled up an IB ticket last year (though it was issued on BA stock by BA, all under IB codes/flights).

Phobia likes this.
  7. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you can pull up QF reservations. But I haven't got any to test my recollection.

8. Thank you G-BOAC and The Saint. I shall try it next time I have a non-weird OW booking (so that I know it's not due to the booking being a bit odd if I cannot view it) and see if it works.

CT-UK likes this.
  9. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've just tested this on a forthcoming QF booking, and the ticket came up without any problems. It wasn't a straightforward one, either - booked, cancelled into credit voucher, then rebooked (with a negative additional fare [​IMG]).

Don't forget, too, that www.checkmytrip.com will show some of an e-ticket's details on most such bookings.

philcape, vla and benolaa like this.
  10. Out of curiosity, I have now tried a QF-booked ticket on JAL on LAN website.

QF booking ref worked but only showed basic information, e-ticket number didn't work, and JAL confirmation code reference that showed up on CMT didn't work.

Neither JAL confirmation code nor QF booking ref worked on JAL website, so this is an improvement though.

11. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    checkmytrip.com is great it shows a number of carriers: BA, LAN, QF, ELAL, LH. If it is booked through some of these carriers it will even show the other airline record locator even if they don't participate but, ymmv based on carrier. Any carrier who bookes in Amadeus or uses it for their ticketing will give full access including seats, special meal requested and even special services like wheelchair.

12. alex0683de
    Original Member

alex0683de Silver Member

Status Points:
    To add another data point:

I just tried to open an AA-ticketed IB itinerary using the Amadeus code. No dice.

Didn't work with the 001- ticket number either, but I was not expecting that it would anyway.

13. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    My BA ticket wouldn't show up on the LAN site for some reason.

As back-up I do like the MMB on the Finnair site.

philcape likes this.
  14. philcape
    Original Member

philcape Silver Member

Status Points:
    Handy to know. Thanks!

Phobia, alex0683de and oscietra like this.
  15. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My BA ticket doesn't show up on AA who is operating the flight.

oscietra likes this.
  16. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you trying to use BA's locator on the AA site? That almost certainly won't work. You need to know the AA locator. You might be able to get that if you put the BA locator into www.checkmytrip.com.

Phobia, alex0683de and TrueBlueFlyer like this.
  17. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yup, just did that a few minutes ago, was able to pick better seats than I was pre-assigned.... why do they always put you in the back of the bus when you fly Economy???

I tried picking seats on a CX flight booked via BA and was unsuccessful. Called CX directly and was told I can do it myself 48 hours before the flight, online.

18. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great! Glad you're sorted - for the AA flights, at any rate.

19. alex0683de
    Original Member

alex0683de Silver Member

Status Points:
    No idea, but a lot of airlines are guilty of that!

20. Shuttle-Bored
    Original Member

Shuttle-Bored Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even as a BA Silver, or a BA Gold, the automated seat assignment was always somewhat questionable. Quite why BA thinks I'd like so sit in row 23 when flying to EDI whilst row 1 is free is always something of a mystery to me... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Phobia likes this.
  21. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    beats my experience being put in the last row when 23 was available, haha :)

22. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    My only conclusion is that it's deliberate.

Those who care where they sit will choose somewhere they want to sit, and then will be happy.

Those who can't be bothered to do anything other than accept the worst seat the airline gives them obviously don't care where they sit - so there's no point wasting a good seat on them when it could be making a more discerning customer happy.

Phobia, Shuttle-Bored and The Saint like this.
  23. Or auto-assigning a middle seat to OWEs. I do not understand that one at all.

alex0683de likes this.
  24. Shuttle-Bored
    Original Member

Shuttle-Bored Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think Globaliser may be on to something. Assign automatically for those with status, but do so in a way which doesn't take up prime seats for those who don't necessarily really really really want to be there. Plus the current methodology allows the traveller the satisfaction of bagging their preferred seat (unless you're Swanhunter, in which case you'll be cursing the seating policy which puts a Tesco traveller in your place... ;) :D ).

alex0683de, Disco Volante and Phobia like this.
  25. Shuttle-Bored, that's true, Globaliser may well be on to something indeed.

It makes me rather concerned about one day forgetting to reassign myself a decent seat though and then also not getting round to OLCI - and being stuck in the middle seat. SHUDDER... It has been a long time since I have been in a middle seat except when I know either the aisle or window passenger.

alex0683de likes this.