Suggestion View of Most Liked Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by iolaire, Oct 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I feel like I'm missing a lot of good content that are buried in the threads like "Teh Penalty Box." For example the random times I've looked in threads like that I've found good reviews of lounges that never show up as a thread. I'd like to see a view or call out box with the most liked posts in the past day or week. That would allow us to find variable content buried in generic threads.

Mark likes this.
  2. Denny
    Original Member

Denny House of Miles Staff Staff Member

Status Points:
    If you click on the Forums sidebar tab, there's a Popular Discussions section that's not a stock forum tool, but a custom add-on we made. We'll have to see about expanding the plugins capabilities to target windows of time and show that for you. Great suggestion!

iolaire likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks on a side note we probably want to be able to set a preference on the view for the side bar by user, for example I might want Forums to be the default.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is minor but the naming between the side bar and other places is not consistent.

On the side bar there is an item named "Recent Comments," which is the same content as "New Posts" @ http://insideflyer.com/forums/find-new/posts Then on the side bar there are "Recent Discussions."

Seems like some naming convention is not being followed between the two/three. "New Posts" means "Updated Posts" or "Posts with new comments" along with truly "New Posts". The "Recent Discussions" on the sidebar are really "New Posts."

5. Denny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    We talked about various ways to use the 3 tabbed sidebar to benefit the reader the most. I'll add this as a suggestion to the list.

iolaire likes this.
  6. Denny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Great points we'll make sure to fix and get a consistent wording in place. Love the attention to detail and we clearly missed that.

iolaire likes this.