View From The Wing - The Boeing 787, from a Pilot’s Perspective

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

There are aviation enthusiasts and mileage enthusiasts, and those two aren’t always the same thing. I fall much more in the latter camp. I’m generally much more interested in the seat, service, and amenities than I am the aircraft that those items are housed in. But I also know and can...
    ©View From The Wing, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
    jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Interesting. There seems to be a fair amount of older pilots concerned with the level of automation, as has happened for years with Airbus. Now that Boeing has gone wholly to the Airbus design philosophy it is not surprising we'd hear more of that. So far there have been no reports of operating problems of this sort that I have read, and read Aviation Week assiduously. Still, new aircraft with many newly adopted technologies do have teething issues and the B787 delays were, some of them, due to systems integration. On balance I think this will be a magnificent airplane for everyone except old pilots and old mechanics.