View From The Wing - Real World Airfare Savings: Using Hidden City Ticketing to Travel for Less

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last year I explained how to use ‘hidden city ticketing’ to save big money on airfare. Airlines often price tickets from one city to another through a hub cheaper than flights that terminate at the hub. Flying United New York to Milwaukee through Chicago is often much cheaper than just...
    ©View From The Wing, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
    uggboy and Traveling Momma like this.
  2. Traveling Momma

Traveling Momma Silver Member

Gary - I'm using the Hidden City trick for a trip this December from MDW to FLL and FLL back through MDW then on to Kansas City. There are two adults and my child is flying on my companion pass. I've never done this before so from reading others' accounts this is okay every once in a while or maybe you get your hand slapped. What I am worried about is inclement weather that may cause the plane to entirely skip MDW and go right to Kansas City. Is this even a possibility. We have to change planes in MDW so we'll just disembark and head home instead of to the connecting flight.
    uggboy likes this.