View From The Wing - Mexicana Coming Back?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    The Wall Steeet Journal is reporting that an investment group may acquire the assets of Mexicana, which ceased operations in August 2010, and bring the airline back to life. Apparently $300 million is what it’ll take to get the airline back in the skies, with an initial handful of planes and...
    ©View From The Wing, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    One World finally removed Mexicana as a partner on oneworld.com

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That article is from Feb.. So seems to me that the WSJ story (which I hadn't read) isn't exactly surprising news.

5. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Latest information I could find:

A Mexican Judge declared that Mexicana was bought by Grupo Med Atlantica and has announced it may resume operations in 2012. On May 2, 2012, all the shares will be transferred from Tenedora K to Med Atlantica.

Med Atlantic announced that Mexicana future looks bright and that it is very likely that the company will resume flights on May or June of this year (2012). Up to the last week of March 2012, Med Atlantic had failed to invest any money, or even to prove the existence of funds, arguing several inconsistent reasons for this.