View From The Wing - Delta Awards to Become Non-refundable, Non-Changable 72 Hours Prior to...

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Wandering Aramean points to a significant change in award travel rules over at Delta Skymiles that a lot of members are none too pleased about. Recently Delta announced that tickets had to be canceled prior to departure or they would retain no value. In other words, you couldn’t just not fly...
    ©View From The Wing, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a seriously unpleasant change. I am an unhappy DM if this is meant to apply to us too.

3. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually think this is a good move - I have known people who has abused the prior policy and its only after being abused has the airline made the change.

Many of complain about lack of award seats, this is a positive step Delta is making to help recover unused seats.

No one likes to be stood up and the airlines have only so many seats. 72 hours prior feels like a good policy but i do hope they have an appeal process for extenuating circumstances.

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not just meant to apply to you, it's targeted at you.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    This change will do nothing to ensure that more "low" inventory is available for booking or that award prices will decrease. Methinks that your sense of reality needs some adjusting.