Vietnam's Jet Star Advance Flight Delay Notice

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by flynhwn, Nov 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just thought it was humorous that Jet Star sent me an email that my flight on December 26th will be "delayed" for two hours. Wow...now that's an airline on top of their schedule!!!

estnet and LIH Prem like this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now if certain other airlines could inform us of delays before we reach the gate.

3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's better than my China Airlines delay notification email which arrived after the flight had departed (yes quite late).

4. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't mind a late notification - weather / crew - I do mind arriving for the first FLT of the day and finding an empty gate or even worse a mechanic "looking" under the hood and seeing the FLT is posted ONTIME! And then deplaning at the other end getting the FTL delay email.

5. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    The last time I few in Vietnam the carrier didn't have a schedule.:)

Please note: my first use of a smily

6. darrell888

darrell888 Active Member

Status Points:
    Isn't that normal? Half the time my flight is delayed (AA) I get a message as we are landing telling me my flight WILL be delayed. :)

7. Travel Warrior

Travel Warrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    A few months ago, I had something similar happen with a domestic U.S. flight, and with the email warning coming two days ahead of time and telling me that my departure was going to be delayed 95 minutes. I couldn't figure out, how did they know my flight was going to be delayed this far in advance, and why so specific as to how long the delay was going to be? Once we boarded, we found out: the crew had to wait until the required time for them to go active again. Interestingly, they boarded the plane only a few minutes later than scheduled, and not too far beyond the scheduled departure time, the captain said, "Folks, we're going to head out. It's silly for us to all be sitting here." And if you think about, of course he was right. It's also a reason I don't count on these messages but am prepared for an on-time departure unless I know the exact situation. Because if it's late equipment, there's risk the airline will suddenly substitute other equipment, something that has happened twice in recent months -- fortunately, I went to the gate and didn't rely on the email notice or even the status boards that still said "delayed."

8. ScooterTourSaigon

ScooterTourSaigon New Member

Status Points:
    Warning "Vietnam's Jet Star"!