Video of new Delta JFK T4 (ready 2013)

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by ClipperDelta, Jul 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ClipperDelta
    Original Member

ClipperDelta Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta has added an animated video of what the new T4 at JFK will look like:

http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/delta/47825/

Looks nice, definitely looking forward to the dedicated SkyPriority check-in zone/lounge, the (looks like greatly)-expanded TSA security screening areas, and the expanded FIS facilities....

eponymous_coward likes this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in touch with the management at T4 (T4 is privately operated by a company that is not a carrier). They are excited about this project.

We've got a handful of years of unpleasant construction ahead of us. What the video does not show is the removal of the old PanAm terminal (T3) and the mess that will ensue before T4 is connected to T2.

People give bankers crap for blowing money...Based on my too numerous visits to JFK, I have no clue what DL could have spent $70mm on at JFK over the last few years.

Maybe it was banker fees? ;)

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC some SCs at JFK were renovated beyond installing the pay for food areas. In all fairness, the elite check in area of T2 doesn't look so bad. I don't know whether any of this investment may have been the Oasis lounge, which is very good. Don't forget the rebranding and new signage during the merger and then again for SkyPriority, Could some of the $70 million been spent behind the scenes to prevent the buildings from falling down or for other required changes, such as upgraded disability facilities?

bez7 likes this.
  4. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only thing missing from the video is a DL plane getting hit (or doing the hitting). Just sayin'!!! :D

5. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Changes and upgrades are always welcome at JFK, its age and wear is extremely evident as is the lack of floor space.