VIDEO: LH's New 747 First Class Cabin with Bed Next to Seat.

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by VVanderlust, Jul 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. VVanderlust

VVanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the LH youtube.com channel. Not sure I would prefer this over the A380 first class. The seat is definitely "old school" with metal footrest and the bed looks more "crew rest" than lux. But that's me.

Here is the copy with the video:
    Lufthansa has developed and upgraded it's new First Class on the Boeing 747-400 fleet. The seats are brand new and are different than the ones on the a380, and totally differ from the old 747- First Class.

Lufthansa converted every window seat in the old First Class cabin -- which currently fitted 16 passengers -- into a permanently flat bed, reducing the total number of seats to just eight. The full-flat beds have a sleeping surface measuring over two metres in length and a top-quality mattress. Essentially the new First Class seats on B747-400 now will consist of two seats, with the upright seat. Cabin seating is configured just 1-1 with the upright seat adjoining the aisle to allow for easier meal service and socializing, while the bed is positioned alongside the window for more privacy. First class passengers will also get 17″ monitors for inflight entertainment, temperature-regulating blankets and pillows and an amenity kit from Porsche Design. Furthermore, just like the First Class on A380s, sound-absorbing curtains and sound-deadening insulation beneath the carpet will make the cabin more quiet.

SQ LPP, BurBunny, bta and 4 others like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great video! Thanks for posting!

3. harry0233
    Original Member

harry0233 Silver Member

Status Points:
    the IFE system apparently crashs at 1:45. I hope they don't deliver what they advertise:rolleyes:

VVanderlust likes this.
  4. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I saw that too. Perhaps it is a feature of the IFE to show the Linux boot screens.

While I think it is a good move to get newer seats in the 744, I think it is a waste to remove 8 seats just so you can have a "reclined" bed seat next to you.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect the removal of 8 seats had more to do with the number of crew members required, the weight the space has capacity for, and the average number of F seats LH is selling on the average 744 flight than the reclined bed next to the seat...

6. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    .....and now less upgrade space to F !

7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think good chances of Upgrades to F on proper airlines with proper F product is becoming an extinct species....

8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds logical.....

9. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unless I am flying with my body guard, who needs to sit up and watch me sleep, this is a silly waste of space. I would much rather have a lot more first class seats.

10. muflyer

muflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think my body guard will appreciate this :)

VVanderlust likes this.