Vew Conf 777-200 SEA NRT

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Jul 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked my flights SEA NRT BKK and found that the flight from SEA to NRT in Oct is now the new config, was the old config, booked this about 4 months ago. I also found that I had been assigned a seat and it was the seat next to the washroom. Looking at the seat maps, there are only two other seats assigned so far + mine in both directions. Are seats automatically done by computer or are they put in manually? Just curious as I have found this also on a few other flights, the seat assigned has always been the least desireable, and I have had to go in and change them.

2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was it the same seat number?

4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking back at the seats, yes it was, so I guess seats are matched to previous seat if possible. I see said the blind man.

5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't hold your breath on the new config sticking for SEA-NRT. This route is mostly flown by the old config and new config planes aren't often found here in SEA for some reason. Probably because it's the shortest flight to NRT from the US.

-RM

6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That could be true, last time last year, new going old coming back. However, looking at seat maps it looks like Aug 27 is the last outbound date for the old 700-200 after that flights are on the new one