Veteran's, I need your help. Miles for SE Asia trip

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by jbeutel23, Mar 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbeutel23

jbeutel23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello all,
    Any and all input will be helpful as I plan for my upcoming churn. I, along with my girlfriend plan on visiting SE Asia in the fall. I'm constrained to use all my points for both our tickets and I am not able to acquire any business cards (can't verify any bills in my name). I currently hold:

-both AA card's with 109K
    -US Airways 42K
    -Sapphire 64K
    - Southwest 50K (irrelevant)

From what I can see, 140K Oneworld(AA) miles will get us there or 130k United miles (32.5k one way). If convert all my Sapphire points over and apply for the United Explorer card I am still short at least 15k. On my AA miles I am still short 31K.

I'm considering applying for the SPG with 25K bonus plus 5k transfer bonus (to AA) which will get us enough points; the problem is that will take months to accomplish given the high spend requirement and I will be redeeming high value points for AA miles.

Only other option I have is for one of us to fly Oneworld and one of us fly United, that's my worst case scenario option, but it's still on the table.

This trip is my top priority, although I am also planning to apply for another US Airways card at the same time. ANY help on other options I may be missing will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

misman likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Chase does not normally require too much verification of business accounts so I would not dismiss the Ink card. Also, does your girlfriend have Chase Sapphire points? They can be added to your UA account to get you where you need to be.