Very stupid non rev on flight

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ma91pmh, Feb 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sitting on RDU JFK. Non rev sat across way is scrolling through very very loudly all the ringtones on her phone. Entire plane looking at her. Turns out she is also in wrong seat. I finally asked her to turn it down . From the laughs and sighs seems like everyone else felt the same. She'd been at it for ten minutes

Oh and there is a lap infant just behind. Who is behaving just gone. Amazing how a staff member clearly in her 40s or 50s can't match the behavioral standards of a sub 2 year old

End rant

Mr. Silver Springer likes this.
  2. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Door Closed? In Flight? Phone off , ie 'any thing with an on off button needs to be turned off'.

3. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Door not closed. During that ten minute period typical on Eagle flights where everybody had boarded but waiting for door to close. It was REALLY loud. Imaginge having your phone on full volume and scrolling through all the available ring tones for ten minutes.

The indiscretions were numerous... guy boards and says she is in his seat. She just says "take my seat 3A". She had roll ons that any FA would have forced me to check in. When I asked her to turn it down she stopped playing with it and put it in her handbag, clearly still switched on which is how it stayed until we landed.

Frankly just an embarrasment to the uniform she was wearing. Maybe she's on her way out and doesn't care any more

4. KtownTraveler
    Original Member

KtownTraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you report this outrageous behavior to AA/AE? I don't think there's anything MP can do to help.

5. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was it actually a certain movie star playing Words With Friends? :)

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you do report it, you should also be aware that most carriers (I don't know specifically about AA) have rules that nonrevs are not allowed to ask to swap seats with other passengers....and they're certainly not supposed to grab some else's seat and refuse to move!

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's rules and then again there's such rules as complying with crew member instructions if a working crew member asks someone to move., I have seen working crew members move paid passengers around to accommodate some select nonrevving employees if they're discrete.

Obviously that's not what happened on this flight, to the OP I'd report it... After all there's no need for other employees to make the other employees look bad.

8. FlyerChrisK

FlyerChrisK Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even a "discrete" on-duty employee might merit a complaint. If they are Pushing the Do You Want To Fly Today Or Do You Want to Spend Time in Federal Prison button (for "interfering" with a crew member) in order to move a nonrev to a better seat, this "discrete" behavior is unacceptable.