Very Pleasant DL Experience--New Customer Initiative or Happy Pills?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Art234, Aug 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I just returned from an unusually pleasant trip on DL...from gate at LGA to both flights to/from FLL to club and agents in FLL....I have not seen so consistently friendly and helpful airline staff since the 1980's...

The outbound flight was staffed by a very senior crew of F/A's, who were particularly friendly and attentive-as much so as I recall during me bi-weekly commute to FLL in the late '80's...in fact I remarked that it reminded me of those days in the L-1011 Sunbird Taxi Service :)

On my return yesterday, the club ladies were delightful-had an enjoyable conversation, and they watched the inbound to let me know when it arrived, and kept watching my upgrade standby status...which led to a Friday miracle--I was the only one on the upgrade standby list for FLL-LGA on a Friday evening, and I cleared at the gate. When I picked up my boarding pass at the gate, I thanked the gate agents and told them they made my Friday.....and they were particularly friendly as well, as was the FA working F on the flight.

Even the captain made a predeparture announcement from the front of the cabin explaining why he was having the crew remain seated until we cleared most of Florida due to storms...and gave a meteorology 101 lesson on thunderstorms just after he cleared the crew to get up and begin serving...

I don't know if it was a coincidence or if DL really has a new customer service initiative, but this was quite remarkable, and they got my attention!! Well done.

2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your ride aboard the Kosher Clipper!

jmrich1432 and DeltaExpert like this.
  3. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a clearly improved in-flight and on the ground experience in the past 18 months. It doesn't cost Delta anything and customers are happy. Can't remember the last time I had a significant Delta issue.

alohastephen likes this.
  4. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear about your positive experience with Delta!

alohastephen likes this.