Very Good Points - Why I Left National Car Rental

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

A few weeks back I posted asking for suggestions for a new rental car company because I had decided to leave National Car Rental. I had been a long time Emerald Club member and held Executive Elite Status for the last three or four years. When I posted asking for suggestions for a new car [...]
    ©Very Good Points, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
  2. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

I'm a long-time renter at National. Emerald Executive (Elite in the past but not this year). I've had scratches noted - handwritten - and completely accepted when the car was checked back in. Had a dent in a car I picked up one time. The clerck checking me out noted it but said it was considered "normal wear and tear" because it was on bumper at trunk. No problem at return check in.

I suspect at some point you will have the same issue with Hertz, and then Avis when you switch to them because Hertz did you wrong, etc.

If that's been your only problem in several years of renting, I would say you should count your blessings. Stuff happens.