Very Good Points - Why I Hate

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

There are times when I’m forced to use – like when I want to purchase US Airways Miles – I don’t have a choice in the matter, I must use I dread the days when I have to log onto – it’s like a modern form of torture. Am I...
    ©Very Good Points, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
  2. Richard Chen
    Original Member

Richard Chen Silver Member

I didn't even get that far as I saw 40406 US miles for 8874 US miles & logged out right there.
  3. desamo

desamo Gold Member

You can trade 1:1 for miles in many programs (US and AS are not among them, though). I've found nice for pooling stuff together. Not perfect, but I've never had the browser issues the original poster did, either. (It does take a moment for the login area to load, though, which is annoying.)
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Only used it once or twice. Didn't have any browser issues. But the transfer ratios for the most part weren't that enticing.

The comments on that blog post end with this one:

I also received an email this morning from the Director of Consumer Products. I certainly never blog to get direct responses from companies, though it’s nice to see that is reading the web and paying attention! After I see what happens from that interaction I will update my blog post.

Was there ever a follow up/update?
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

I am considering using as a loyalty program for my business. Buying in to every major U.S. airline is a huge financial commitment, but points can be converted to several airlines, Best Buy and some other program.

If I understand it correctly, my customers can use the points they get from their purchases at my company to get miles on any participating airline/store/whatever. Is the customer charged something for that conversion?

Does anyone here have any experience with them as a merchant? I sure would like to hear some testimonies in the real world experience of someone else before I make a commitment that might be hard to switch later.