Verizon Introduces “Smart Rewards” Program, Like a Credit Card Point System

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by sobore, Feb 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/02/0...ards-program-like-a-credit-card-point-system/

While AT&T and T-Mobile are creating ways to get you out of contracts and into somewhat cheaper data plans, Verizon is adding on new services that I can’t imagine anyone would ever use. Over the weekend, Verizon kicked off a new program called Smart Rewards that works sort of like a reward system that you would find from a credit card. By performing tasks or signing up for services or spending more money through your Verizon account, you can tack on points that can then be used for sweepstakes, auctions, travel deals, daily deals, gift cards, and merchandise.

Most of the ways to spend your points are pretty straight forward, however, the auctions run like those super scammy auctions you see advertised on TV that ask you to constantly bid on items like an iPad, though the bidding process never seems to end and you run through cash or points in seconds without ever winning anything. The sweepstakes, daily deals, and travel are pretty typical rewards programs, but with things like the gift cards, you are really only using points to get discounts off of the full price of a gift card.

Read More: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/02/0...ards-program-like-a-credit-card-point-system/

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Concerto
    Original Member

Concerto Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea why you even tagged me on this, @NYBanker... :confused:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  4. BarneyJ

BarneyJ New Member

Status Points:
    Nat bad. I guess, it's gonna be quite comfortable.