Verifying billing

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by techauthor, May 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. techauthor
    Original Member

techauthor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I returned a car yesterday and the amount looked high so I double checked the reservation. Somehow, they managed to bill me for the car class I took from the Executive Emerald aisle, rather than the full size I reserved (about $100 difference) which is what Emerald promises.

I then went back to the last 10 reservations (all 2011 for me) and found similar errors on some but not all of them. A few were for just a few dollars, some were quite a bit more.

The customer service person was great, and they managed to fix it all up on the same call.

If you rent from Emerald Aisle, be aware that their system isn't all it should be and check your reserved rate against the billed rate.

2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Were these all from one location? And if so, please let us know so we can be more vigilant if renting from there. I rent about 15x a year, usually at airport locations with EA/ES and normally get an upgraded car and have not experienced this. It could be due to a particular clerk or manager directing this.

3. techauthor
    Original Member

techauthor Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was at SEATAC, my first time there in quite a while. Others were scattered around the country.

4. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for letting us know!!