Venetian & Palazzo in Las Vegas are IHG partners?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Feb 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last Fall, I remember reading announcement about the Venetian and Palazzo in Las Vegas being added to the IHG network as a partner. To this point, I have yet to see them show up as a location where I can redeem my points and also have decidedly not to make reservations there assuming that they also would not award me points appropriately. When will we actually be able to redeem and earn points at the Venetian and Palazzo?

2. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    according to the press releases it's supposed to happen during the first quarter of the year. no idea if it's going through though as there hasn't been a peep about it since oct 2010, so until they come out with some more news i would'nt think possible to either earn or redeem points there.

3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Didn't know about the expected Q1 completion but I've also noticed that it's been very quiet since their announcement. Too bad they couldn't get this done earlier as I have a group going to Vegas for a bachelor party and probably would have stayed there.

4. Hodgie
    Original Member

Hodgie Active Member

Status Points:
    According to someone on FT, who got his info from IC's facebook page... (and seems to make sense figuring the 'conflicting dates' of Mid Jan and Q1)

"It is likely that the alliance will commence in April 2011. More details will be sent to Ambassador and Priority Club Rewards members"

Wurm likes this.
  5. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if that means mid or late April? By waiting until then, they could implement the program without having to concurrently handle the masses of guests coming in for two of the biggest conventions of the year (Construction Industry and National Association of Broadcasters).

6. iloveawardtravel
    Original Member

iloveawardtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully, the alliance would commence before the Sweet Dilemma free night certificates expire on 5/31/11 [​IMG].

ken7 likes this.
  7. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    Really bummed about the lack of news. I have an end of April stay, and was really hoping this would come through before then.

sobore likes this.
  8. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can book them as of March 31 and onwards
    looks like best flex is the only rate available, starts at $149

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations

9. iloveawardtravel
    Original Member

iloveawardtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked with Priority Club customer service and the Sweet Dilemma booking site ... you can't redeem the free night certificates at Venetian or Palazzo. Bummer.

10. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just noticed a page here on Venetian's website: http://www.venetian.com/Pages.aspx?id=6331

It says:

11. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    does that mean free mini bar for RAs?

12. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both the Palazzo and Venetian are coming up at $159 for my dates. Any thoughts on which is preferred? Trip Advisor ranks Palazzo at #24 and Venetian at #27, so almost a dead heat.

Also - can anyone find text that says our benefits in terms up upgrades etc., apply? The announcments say we "enjoy the rewards" and the points can be "earned or remeeded" but I can't find specific languange that talks about upgrades. The Ambassador site indicates that these bennies are limited to stays at actual IC properties, which the Venetian and Palazzo are not.

Adding: Interestingly the Ambassador booking site is showing that price of $159, but when I checked on the regualr ICH site the display showed me that rate but when I clicked through it changed to $229.

13. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just called the Amassador service number and was told that the full benefit package does apply, including upgrade, late checkout, etc. The only thing he said they were still working out was participation in certain promotions like bonus points etc. I didn't ask about BOGO.

14. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    From a room perspective, they are pretty much identical in layout except Palazzo is newer and the design is slightly more contemporary. Venetian has restaurants like Bouchon and Delmonico which one might prefer over Carnevino or Cut. Club-wise, Tao is at Venetian. Sportbook-wise, Lagasse stadium is at Palazzo. Spa-wise, I think both have a Canyon Ranch spa although I would venture to guess the one at Venetian is bigger. Gambling-wise, Venetian is bigger if you want that If you want more selection and a greater number of gambling opportunities.

If you have a strong preference, you might pick on the above criteria but either way, you're walking distance away from all the amenties.

15. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just back last night from the Venetian, and I think I would have preferred Palazzo. As an earlier poster mentioned, the hotel has a slightly more contemporary feel - more spacious, crisper and cleaner. The Venetian (especially Venezia tower) is feeling a little dated...

16. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the report - unfortunately rates for my period at both properties have now gone from $159 to $199, so I'll stick with the Venetian and hope for the best.

Note that at the time I booked the rate on the IC site was $159 but at the main site it was $199 - I guess the two sides caught up with each other!

17. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received the e-mail this morning:

sobore likes this.
  18. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Makes sense... the Palazzo is definitely newer and that's the caveat about Vegas hotels. New stuff will immediately make older stuff feel dated... Aria and the other new properties make everything else (for now) seem like crap. :)

But you can't go wrong with this if you're an IHC member. Too bad this wasn't available for the last 3-4 years I went to Vegas a few times a year. :)

19. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just tryed to book a room at The Venetian via Intercontinental Website and it says it is experiencing technical dificulties... but their tyes are already legal and working! Good for the Ambassadors!!!

20. milepig
    Original Member

milepig Silver Member

Status Points:
    Field reports on "the other" board are that the upgrade for RAs and I assume As as well, is to the same level room but with a better view. True at both Venetian and Palazzo.

21. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone had any luck combining their AMEX Platinum card hotel program amenities with their Royal Ambassador status for a much better suite? Will be trying in early June.

22. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just came back from the Venetian using points. No RA membership, but Plat. Member. No upgrade offered, though I got a funny look when I asked.

23. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's weird since on the site says you're entitle to all benefits of the PC loyalty program!

24. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    plat or also an ambassador?
    if only plat, then you shouldn't get anything as with intercontinentals it is only amb and royal amb that counts.

25. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And the benefits of the PC loyalty program at IC hotels are... nothing!