Vegas bookings

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by viguera, Jul 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anybody have any recent experience with booking MGM properties in Vegas, specifically Mandalay Bay?

I've gone through the Hyatt site and they seem to only offer one rate and two rooms (the Deluxe King and ADA room) and no suites of any kind, even though they do show on the Mandalay Bay website itself.

I have a couple of conferences early next year that I'm already booking for, and I'd like to avoid any issues with booking through MGM directly and find out that Hyatt won't give me the stay credit.

A call to the Diamond line shows the same thing, with them just telling me that they can see the same rooms as on the site, and they can't book any suites or any other type of room, and that I should call / visit the Mandalay Bay site directly.

Any thoughts?

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stays through the mLife website will qualify for stay credit. It might take a bit longer for the stay credits to post (or you may need to manually request it) but if you want a suite then you gotta do what you gotta do...

Keep in mind theHotel @ Mandalay Bay is a FHR property so you get breakfast credit. It's also worth noting that theHotel is being renovated to a Delano property, so there might be some construction going on.

viguera likes this.
  3. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes, sign up for updates from Mandalay Bay, and any rate booked through mLife (and the sometimes great specials) will qualify for Hyatt credit following the stay.

viguera likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks... I think I'll have to do that.

Vdara has been my go-to property in Vegas lately but it's too far from Mandalay Bay to be practical this time around. I guess I'll just need to book with the hotel directly rather than Hyatt and call it a day.

I guess it's one of those things where the integration is not yet complete, or maybe things are this way on purpose. Either way, it makes a lot more sense to book through Mandalay Bay not just because you get a better selection of rooms, but the prices are better.

A "deluxe king" room on the Hyatt site on my dates shows at $211 a night (stupid conferences jacking up the rate :) ) and no suites. Yet when I go to their site directly the same room is much cheaper and the suites are available at $165-180 a night.

5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've found that Hyatt has very few rates for the Vegas properties on their website. But, from a dozen or so reservations, including Mandalay, all my rates have qualified and posted correctly. Anything you can book through the MGM resorts websites or M Life should qualify.

viguera likes this.