Variety of points on stay

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by DJP_707, Aug 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just stayed a the Renaissance Patriot place in Foxboro MA. The stay earned me Marriott points, IHG points and Hyatt points. For some reason the stay posted to my credit card as the hotel restaurant Twenty 8 food and drink instead of the hotel.

Marriott stay points $422 x 10 = 4222 Marriott point
    silver bonus 20% $422 x 2 = 844 Marriott points
    IHG dining points $422 x 8 = 3376 IHG rewards points
    Hyatt Credit card $422 x 2 = 844 Hyatt points (2 x at restaurants)

total = 9286 total rewards points.

This was a nice little extra, I didn't expect the dining points or the 2x on the chase hyatt card.

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's the secret, considering that the Renaissance is a Marriott property?...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea? My receipt says renaissance and Marriott on it, and I got Marriott points, and stay credit, But when it posted to my credit card it shows under the name of the restaurant. Wish I new what the secret was.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The CC points posting under the name of the restaurant is fine as long as you got the same points/$ as you would for hotel spend. What I was really asking is why you aslo got Hyatt and IHG points. Did you also use IHG and Hyatt co-branded cards at this property?

5. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I used my Hyatt CC card to pay, and since it posted as a restaurant I got double points. And the hyatt card is registered to my IHG dining rewards account so I got 8 points per dollar with them.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That explains it and it is both ingenious and lucky! You got the Marriott Rewards points for the stay because the Renaissance is a Marriott property, and because you used your Hyatt CC to pay for the stay, the hotel got confused and awarded you the points as if your only business at the hotel was to dine at their restaurant, so you got 2x Hyatt points and the IHG points because the Hyatt card is registered in their dining program! Kool.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    DJP_707, Newscience and vickers like this.
  7. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    :)