Valentine’s Day Alternatives

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NileGuide, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Call me cynical but the idea of forced romance in an overcrowded restaurant on Valentine’s Day makes me cringe. Without snubbing Cupid altogether, get out and do something together.
    Fortunately there are plenty of unconventional ways to experience the commercial holiday in the capital that should rouse even the biggest V-day dissident.
    • Hunterian Museum – examine lost love in the museum dedicated to surgery, follow the love trail and even pickle-a-part (a heart maybe) if you bring your own jam jar
    • Freud Museum – take pleasure in a private tour for two in the doctor’s former home include Freudian goody bags and Prosecco
    • Natural History Museum – trek through the museum on a night safari with either a pleasure or pain theme or visit the new Sexual Nature exhibit exploring the sexual habits of animal kingdom
    • Valentine’s @ Late at the Museum of London is celebrating ardor with vintage Valentine’s making, Latin dance classes and poetry reading by London’s budding gay authors
    • Tower Bridge – sip bubbly and nibble chocolates with an illuminted view of London on the Walkways, 42 meters above the Thames
    • Royal Observatory Greenwich – gaze at the stars with a glass of fizz and a Valentine Stars planetarium show
    • London Aquarium – pop the question with unique underwater proposal service, a diver appears in the tank wielding a personalized “Will You Marry Me? sign
    • Love Run – exercise can boost your love life, run a 10k and raise funds for charity too on Saturday, Feb 12 in Finsbury Park
    • Attend the Valentine’s Day Derby priemere football match when Fulham hosts Chelsea at Craven Cottage, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em … that’s what I’ll be doing
    feature image: Chiswick florist by Jon Maury

Continue reading...