Vail Resorts Announces Winter 2011-2012 Season Pass Sales Start Today

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by AmericanGirl, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.newschannel6now.com/Global/story.asp?S=14249429

SOURCE Vail Resorts, Inc.

$49 Locks in The Best Deals Now for Winter Ski and Snowboard Vacations with The Epic Pass, Epic 7-Day, New Epic Local Pass, Summit Value Pass and New Tahoe Value Pass
    BROOMFIELD, Colo., March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today its season pass lineup and kicked-off its spring pass sales period for the 2011-2012 ski and snowboard season.

Note: There were several items listed and too long to post here.

hulagrrl210, Gargoyle and SC Flier like this.
  2. billydee
    Original Member

billydee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for update on this! I've gotten one of these kinds of passes in the past and when you combine these deals with the typically excellent East Coast to DEN airfares, it makes a few trips to CO every ski season a no-brainer.

AmericanGirl likes this.
  3. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    Great deal and if you buy now ($49 down) you get 4-6 buddy passes: 4 for Epic local(formerly Colorado)6 for Epic. When you cnsider this week a walk-up @ Vail costs 102$ you only need to ski for 7 days at most and the pass give the rest of season for free! Spring benfits and 49$ down only lasts till 5-30.

AmericanGirl likes this.
  4. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Aspen/Snowmass announced hiking up of the the prices of walk-up purchases for lift-tickets to over the $100/day level too. Longer-duration passes are looking like a better and better deal there too.

5. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just renewed my Heavenly (now Tahoe Value) pass last week :)

6. The Colorado (now "Epic Local") pass is the best lift ticket deal I've found anywhere. Rates are ~$40 higher than last year, but still well worth it (especially for us DEN folks).

7. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. Hey everyone, I'm new to Milepoint and just wanted to pitch in. My name's Drew and I work for Vail Resorts.

I'm really excited and happy to see the feedback on this post about our new line of passes for the 11/12 season. Hope a few of you have a chance to head up to Vail this weekend for closing day. If you haven't been up there here's a locals guide of Vail.

Hope everyone had a great season!

9. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint!

I guess that I'll expand on my point about a discount for renewals. Towards the end of the season, there was a lot of hype to give incentives for buying an 11/12 pass and getting to use it for the remainder of the 10/11 season. But I haven't really seen any extra incentives for current passholders to renew.

10. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Great to see you here. I carved animal heads for a fountain at Arrabelle at Vail Square a few years ago. I haven't seen what they look like installed; do you have any photos or know of any online photos?

I'd love to come visit some time.

11. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you know if the fountain is in a public area? The Town of Vail has an Art in Public Places coordinator. She might could help get you some photos.

12. Sure thing. Our EPIC passes (Epic Pass, Epic Local, Epic 7) have these beneifts if you buy before May 8.

• Free Summer 11 lift access (doesn't include bike haul)
    • 2 free days at Heavenly or Northstar Tahoe (these held more value when we first launched spring passes back in early March)
    Our Value passes (Summit, Tahoe) have these beneifts if you buy before May 8.

• 6 Ski with a friend passes
    • 4 Buddy Tickets ($69 at Colorado Resorts and $60 at Tahoe Resorts)
    • Summer 2011 Lift Access (does not include bike haul)
    More info

SC Flier likes this.
  13. You know what, I'm not sure. Was that for the grand opening or big event?

Did you also carve in Breckenridge during the annual International Snow Sculpting Championship?

14. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    For current Epic 7 pass holders, the free Heavenly/Northstar days had some potential value. (Less value to most Colorado-based pass holders, though.) For current Epic Local and Epic Pass pass holders, there was no added value in getting 2 free days at Heavenly/Northstar because they already have a pass that covers those days.

How about some bonus Peaks Rewards points for renewing pass holders?

15. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No, these are stone, built into a large stone wall with a cascading fountain. Ten rocky mountain animals, water shoots out of the mouths of two of them.

This shot was in my shop, the night before I crated them up for shipment.

colorado_animals.jpg

16. The Epic Local pass is a brand new pass for 11/12. It replaces the Colorado Pass allowing everyone outside of the state of Colorado access to 7 world class ski resorts without having to buy an Epic Pass like in years past.

When the Epic Pass launched in 08/09 we issued 10,000 PEAKS points with every purchase. Similarly, when Epic 7 launched we offered PEAKS Points with every purchase. Our program like anything else out there needs to adapt and be flexible. To be honest, PEAKS is constantly under review considering ways to improve and this will absolutely be added to the list.

You can earn PEAKS Points this summer by playing golf and eating out to name a few.

Here are more ways you can earn PEAKS Points

AmericanGirl and SC Flier like this.
  17. I've seen these! Wow that was you?!

Great work Gargoyle.

Gargoyle likes this.
  18. In general, I really enjoy the UX on this site. This is incredibly easy to use.

AmericanGirl likes this.
  19. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    And now you know "the rest of the story" behind my handle. :)

Gotta come out there to Vail some time to see them. They had planned to do a "meet the artist" event, but it didn't come about.

AmericanGirl and SC Flier like this.
  20. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    And that was my reason for giving my feedback. This seemed like a piece of the incentives puzzle that hadn't been fully worked out yet.

One other thing that I don't like with the marketing of the passes is the lack of details and/or confusing explanations about Ski-with-a-Friend (SWAF) prices and when Buddy Tickets can be used.

I have a 10/11 Epic Pass. My wife has a 10/11 Epic 7-Day. We skied in Colorado and at Heavenly and Northstar this year. If we renew this year, we'll probably go for Epic Local passes.

Summary of discount 10/11 options including the 10/11 SWAF prices.

21. SWAF is a tricky beast. Prices fluctuate over the course of the year so the SWAF prices will change every few weeks based on a bunch of different factors. This however makes it hard for promotional purposes which is why there isn't an exact dollar amount on Epicpass.com

Happy to hear you ski at our mountains. This was an incredible year!

SC Flier likes this.
  22. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  23. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I picked up my Epic pass just before the May 8th deadline. Despite a lack of a renewal bonus the Epic pass is one of the best values out there. I can't wait for ski season to begin again and hoping for more flights (and more reasonable fares) out to EGE.

24. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://buzz.snow.com/channels/mount...comes-shaun-white-to-vail-resorts-family.aspx

Two-time Olympic Gold Medalist snowboarder Shaun White joins the Vail Resorts family today, declaring Northstar-at-Tahoe his home resort where he will train at and design at 22-ft halfpipe for aspiring snowboarders to use.
    [​IMG]

"This feels like a homecoming because I have spent so much time riding at most of Vail Resorts' mountains," White said. "With Northstar as my home mountain, I now have the ideal place to train and continue to grow as an athlete and I am looking forward to all the possibilities this partnership brings."

As part of the partnership, Vail Resorts will donate $5 for every Epic Pass sold to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital -- White's charity of choice. In addition to White's collaboration with St. Jude's and work to design a halfpipe at Northstar, he will also be designing a limited edition Epic Season Pass, which will be available to pass holders this fall through Facebook.

JetsettingEric, billydee and Gargoyle like this.
  25. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tomorrow 10/15/2011 is the deadline for the current rates for Vail passes. Any last-minute incentive for milepoint members who have held out? :)

Gargoyle likes this.