USS Missouri Tickets -- Buy Online or On Site?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Dec 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doing a quick trip to Hawaii this weekend (36 hrs on the ground), arriving Saturday around noon. I am planning to take the bus from HNL airport to the USS Missouri after arrival to self-tour the ship (would love to do the Heart of the Missouri tour, but it's unlikely I can get to the ship in time for the last tour of the day at 1pm).

Tickets for the regular ship visit are available online and (I assume) on site. Considering that my flight could be delayed and make a visit that day impractical, I wonder if I should just buy the ticket on site when (if) I get there. Anyone know if they sell out (as the USS Arizona visits do, as far as I know), i.e., is there a risk I'd get there and not be able to get a ticket for the same day at 1 or 2 pm? (ship closes at 4pm).

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And the answer is: people were able to buy the ticket on site, no problems. I had gambled on the pre-purchase and my flight arrived early, so I won that. Interesting site to visit if you are into history or military or just 1980s "stuff" (the last time the ship was refurbed).