Using your American Airlines AAdvantage miles abroad

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I personally think that using AAdvantage miles for domestic/regional flights abroad to be one of the best use of AAdvantage miles, especially within Australia. I have an upcoming trip to Australia and while I’m there I plan to hop around cities. I’m going from Sydney to Alice Springs to Perth and then back to Sydney. Of course, driving was not really an option. Driving on the left side of the road will most definitely put others in danger and I rather not get into an accident in a foreign country. Driving is also too time consuming. Paying, in cash, for the above mentioned flights would cost around $900 USD. So, I used my American Airlines AAdvantage miles to fly domestically within Australia. Flights within Australia, Europe and parts of Africa are cheaper than flying domestically in the U.S. using AAdvantage miles. However, remember that British Airways and Iberia impose silly fuel surcharges to award flights, though the surcharge isn’t so bad within Europe. There’s almost always some sort of availability on these flights too, even just a couple of weeks out. I’m flying Business from Sydney to Alice Springs and from Perth to Sydney. From Alice Springs to Perth I’ll [...] The post Using your American Airlines AAdvantage miles abroad appeared first on The Winglet.

Continue reading...