Using UDU with Spouse on CO metal traveling on UA 1P Credentials

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by avflyer, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the long title to the string but I wanted to precisely describe my circumstance and perhaps someone can clarify for me. These are my assumptions, pleas correct if I am wrong.

So long as I and my spouse / partner are traveling on the same PNR, then we are in the UDU queue together at my priority whatever that is based on class of service yada, yada, yada.

So then, WHY did the CO system keep spitting the PNR and upgrading me and not my wife????

2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because companion UDU works differently than companion upgrades on CO. When you check-in on CO there is a prompt asking if you want to be eligible for upgrade for the flight(s). If you leave it checked the PNR is auto split.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    And to finish the above thought, if you do not split it you will not be upgraded as CO uses the lowest overall status in the PNR, not the highest for auto-upgrades.

avflyer likes this.
  4. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    And UA uses the highest status? I suppose there has been no announcement as to which way the wind will blow on this one?

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If there are only 2 passengers on the PNR then, yes, UA uses the higher status for UDU purposes.

And there has been no word yet which way this one will play out next year.

6. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!