Using Presidents club pass in RCC

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by unroadwarrior, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. unroadwarrior
    Original Member

unroadwarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got my Continental OnePass credit card's complimentary Presidents Club day passes in the mail. Can I use them in an RCC? Thanks.

2. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes -- PC day passes can n:)w be used at the RCC and vice versa.

unroadwarrior and sobore like this.
  3. unroadwarrior
    Original Member

unroadwarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Thanks for the quick response Xyzzy.

4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    are those Continental PC passes from Chase one time entrance only or can be used at other clubs on the same day?

5. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are one time entrance only passes, not day passes.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

7. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why is it that when trying to enter certain RCC's with CO PC membership they request your boarding pass? I dont really mind showing them but what purpose does it serve? Access is allowed regardless of flying or not.

8. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I often hand them my card and they ask to see my boarding pass, which they scan. This means they d')n't have to figure out or type my membership number. It's easier for them. That's my guess...

9. tipitai

tipitai Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, quick follow-up question on these passes from chase - do you happen to know if they allow +1 entrance? I am travelling with my wife and want to know if I will need to use two passes or one for us to have access to the RCC lounge. Thanks for your help!

10. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is one pass per person.

11. tjtenor4
    Original Member

tjtenor4 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is actually a huge PITA, IMO. I have experienced it on multiple occasions. I'm a UA 1K, but my lounge membership is through US. Very few UA RCC agents seem to be aware that US card + picture ID is sufficient to enter the lounge - partially because there's an issue with the new UA system where the card scanner doesn't read US Club membership cards. I always firmly make it clear when my BP is requested that it is not required to show it (it's explicitly stated in both UA and *A lounge access rules that a paid membership is sufficient for entry to any US, UA, CO, or AC lounge, as well as all *A Gold lounges, no matter what) - indeed, there have been multiple occasions where for whatever reason, I don't have a BP that day (if I'm on a gate pass or a non-*A flight, for example). I *only* have this issue at UA lounges. A few weeks back, I got into a protracted... erm... "discussion" (I remained polite but firm; the lounge entry agent was quite a bit less so) with the lounge entry agent, who demanded to see a boarding pass, and when I refused, demanded to know how I was in the secure area. As a line was forming behind me, I stepped aside so as not to slow them down (before she used that as an argument against me; i.e. "you're holding up the line") - when the line was gone, we continued our discussion. I suggested that some of the many ways I could be in the secure area without a boarding pass included a) after having arrived on a flight, and no longer had my BP with me [this was the actual reason I was there, but I didn't specify that, as it was irrelevant to the true issue at hand - the fact that a BP is not required for entry]; b) on a gate pass; c) on another (non-*A) airline's boarding pass. She angrily showed me her computer screen, and "all the information she'd have to type in" (i.e. my name, US Club membership #, etc... not exactly a significant amount of typing) if I didn't give her a boarding pass. I politely explained that if I had a boarding pass (as above, I used a lot of hypotheticals, as well as responding with questions, not statements, so as to avoid making a false statement myself, as well as to avoid making it possible for her to pin down the specifics of the situation and make up some BS rule to explain it away and get rid of me - we've all experienced that), it would have my UA 1K number on it, but no record of my US club number, so it wouldn't help one bit. She got flustered because she said it was "important to track all entries into the lounge, and how could I [she] do that without scanning my boarding pass?" I again pointed out that if she was supposed to track entries into the lounge, and the method of entry, that the only way to do that, since my US Club card (like all US Club cards @ RCCs) didn't properly scan into her system, was to type in the information on it. Rather than do that, she [figuratively] threw up her hands and just told me to enter the lounge.

Contrast that to today's experience - this morning, I had a very similar situation at IAD (the aforementioned one took place at the C17 RCC a few weeks ago; this morning's took place at the C7 RCC) - but this time around, the first agent asked her supervisor, who was there, what to do when she swiped my US Club card and nothing appeared on the screen - and her supervisor correctly knew what the situation was, and the information was entered manually, without asking me for my BP.

I wasn't trying to - nor was I, period - being a d*ck about it. I know there are some members here who are going to get very :rolleyes: at this post, and tell me that I should have just explained the situation in the first place, rather than make a scene. However, it is my strong opinion that it is important that UA trains their staff to properly deal with all forms of entry to the RCC. It's (or should be) well-known that US Club members' cards don't properly scan with UA's new RCC entry scanner/computer systems (this only started happening in the first place post-merger), and that the proper way to deal with that is NOT for the lounge entry agents to request a BP from paid *A lounge members, because that won't get the right information across, either - and I'd like to think that my experience a few weeks ago may have lead to more UA agents being explained the proper way to deal with non-UA-sourced methods of entry into the RCC.

brfong likes this.
  12. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had the same kind of thing happen when flying UA and using my UA number on my b:eek:arding pass but entering based on my CO membership. It's quite annoying.

13. danray

danray Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have 2 Continental Chase passes for club access that expire 10/31/12 that I plan to use. On the front it says Continental Credit Card must be open and in good standing for this to be valid. Do they ask for your Continental/Chase card? I ask because I have one but my wife does not.

14. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, they do not ask.

mtbroxs likes this.