Using miles

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by 4tootie, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I prefer no blackout dates or 3 week waiting period before points are allowed to be used for flights.

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    4tootie, Welcome to MP.

Can you give us more information on what you are really looking for? I do not really understand the question.

Are you asking what program you should sign up for?

3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure what the heck you're asking but if I had to guess.........

my answer would be Starwood AMEX. Points post two days after the statement closes so points are available very, very quickly.

Is that what you had in mind???:)

4. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

5. hello its Nancy is this point miles related to emirates skywards?
    ,i've got more than 9000 miles on skywards but dunno how to reddem them for money ,thanks for who wants to help.:)

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Nancy, Welcome to MP.

We don't really know what the point of the OPs post was or what program he is referring to. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Emirates program. You might want to post your question in that forum and I am sure you will get knowledgeable people to answer. However, as a general rule for most FF programs, you can not redeem miles for cash - only flights / upgrades / magazines etc.

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    One exception is Delta, where you can exchange miles for gift cards. The exchange rate varies, depending on your DL program status and whether you hold the co-branded Amex card. As a DL Platinum with the Amex card I'm getting a $100 gift card for 11k miles, which is just under 1 cent per mile. Not great, but acceptable if you have lots of miles and cash flow issues. People without status and without the card get lousy rates, like 16k miles for a $100 card, so that probably won't help people in fancynancy's situation.