Using miles

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Tlamm, Jun 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Tlamm

Tlamm Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I have 15,000 miles. I just want to use it. Any suggestions, flying out of Toronto? I looked at flying to US in June or August, but not enough RT miles - even to just go to NY or FLD or DC. Other places? Thanks for suggestions..

perryplatypus and Kalboz like this.
  2. Bobtray

Bobtray Silver Member

Status Points:
    15,000 miles is enough to get you from Toronto to an AA destination in the US (for 12,500 miles) or to Central America, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru or Venezuela for all 15,000. You would have to buy your return or use mile from another airline program to get back home however.

Otherwise, there are a variety of options to use your miles, but not travel, you can donate them, use them for gift cards at points.com, or use to them rent a car or get a hotel room.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also go to aavacations.com and use them to cover the land portion of a hotel + flight vacation or for a car rental.

Tlamm and zpaul like this.
  4. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    You also have enough time to get some miles via CC apps. You can always book one way with AA miles and then book the return with Avios points if you have enough in your account.

zpaul and viguera like this.