Using miles on EVA Air flight ?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by kadence, Jan 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. kadence

kadence Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone ever booked a flight on EVA with miles from a partner program? If so, can you explain the process?

Thanks

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally the process is cal the partner and. Make the booking. For UA miles that is definitely the process. What miles are you hoping to redeem?

edekba likes this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly! I tried late last year (sept) for travel in Dec/Jan. I told them the destination & dates & flight numbers. Agent verified that it looked available. Got a booking number, and then within an hour I got an email from UA saying the booking is canceled. I called in and the agent said EVA rejected the reservation due to lack of space. She stated that EVA does that a lot to UA agents when trying to book and asked If i could play around w/the dates a bit. I decided against it & flew UA/TG/NH instead.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess is that the agent was looking at the wrong inventory bucket as the United award buckets are different than EVA's.

edekba likes this.
  5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quite possible as the first agent I talked to said, "EVA what's that?"; he transfered me to someone else who said, "You can't use UA miles for EVA. They aren't part of the program yet." I Had to tell them that I was reading UA.com and it stated that I could...

I guess that was my problem & I should've known to just say thank-you and call back to get someone else. Oh well

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're going for J, you'll have a good time. They have a nice hard J product - Cirrus seats. Dom is served in J, one of the few (only) carriers to do so. BR also has book the cook.