Using Korean SkyPass Miles to book on AirFrance

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by ColoradoGirl1213, Jul 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ColoradoGirl1213

ColoradoGirl1213 Member

I'm looking for some help booking an award flight to Tahiti (PPT) in April 2014. We currently have 190K UR points that we want to transfer to Korean Air to book the Air France Business class award for the LAX-PPT flight. It is listed as 90,000 miles roundtrip on the Korean Air site. How can I find if there is award availability for that flight? I've search ExpertFlyer and they do show Business availability, but when I called Korean Air to book (following advice on the Miles and Martinis blog) they said there was no availability for our dates.

Any advice on what to do? What fare classes are we looking at for SkyTeam partner award redemptions? Are there certain Air France classes that are only available to FlyingBlue members? I'm just trying to understand fare classes and the whole system a little better to see if Business will be an option or if we should just go ahead and book economy. The Korean Air representative did confirm Economy award availability on that flight.

MX likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Air France does offer more availability to its own members than to partner airline members.

Try ringing Korean again in case you have gotten agent(s) that aren't searching correctly.

But for searching partner availability online, try the Alaska Airlines website. If it's available to Alaska then it should be available to Korean members.
  3. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative