Using DL SWU to Hawaii

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by NWAsilvELITE, Dec 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I have just made Plat for the first time and I know that there are other threads about the Choice Benefits, but I have a trip Jan 2013 to Maui where I would like to be able to SWU instead of miles. As this is my first time with SWU's, so can anyone who has used them to Hawaii shed any light on being able to redeem these with out an issue at this time of year?

2. travelgourmet
    Original Member

travelgourmet Silver Member

Status Points:
    From where are you flying? If you give dates, I can look up availability for you.

Otherwise availability is no different than with miles. You need a K fare or higher.

3. travelgourmet, I am flying out of either MKE or GRB. How are you looking this up? Expertflyer or off of the DL website? I am looking for K class and would love to go MKE-ATL-HNL-OGG on the 330-300 (ATL-HNL). So if K is available and there is room in ? bucket for upgrades can I use a SWU at booking to get the upgrade RT?

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you must BUY a K or higher fare and upgrade inventory must be available. Then if you call, you can confirm the upgrade at the time of booking.

5. traveller99

traveller99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    NWAsilvElite,
    Like MSPeconomist said, you need a K or higher fare AND G upgrade availability. Good luck with your quest. I'm currently "waitlisted" MSP-ATL-HNL and return in February. Haven't had much success with this in the past.