Using Delta miles wanting to travel on Saudia,Jet Airways,KLM or Virgin Atl

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by tcw8858, Nov 6, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. tcw8858

tcw8858 Member

Status Points:
    Looking to travel to DXB or SIN or BKK or DEL i notice use delta miles out of YYZ or ATL could cost 170K or 190K in Business class around trip but problem I have not traveled on these Carriers any help or ideas Thx

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Except Saudi, I've travelled on all. Virgin is slight better. Jet, if you love indian food :)

3. GodOSpoons

GodOSpoons Active Member

Status Points:
    I’d go KLM, but mainly because I’m addicted to the little ceramic houses they give away in transcontinental business class. You’d net four!

anileze likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd avoid Saudia if you have a choice.

anileze likes this.
  5. ravinbernad

ravinbernad New Member

Status Points:
    Yes surly saudi and qatar.

6. kkua

kkua Active Member

Status Points:
    No alcohol on Saudia. Because of the sliding scale to match demand, avoid redeeming on any DL flights. Go with partner carriers. Because BKK and SIN are 12 time zones from YYZ, consider going through Europe. AF, KL and SU have 1 daily flight and you'll have a long layover in Europe to rest and use the lounge for showers and nap. If you go thru northern Asia, the hubs provide 2-3 daily flights to SEAsia and you won't be able to take advantage of a long layover.

anileze likes this.
  7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope you have a lot of miles because by all appearance DL just increased its International business class miles awards by over 20% in many cases.

anileze likes this.
  8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a note to update that the reported recent increase in DL awards was glitch in the booking engine which showed lowest level Transatlantic awards (one way) to be 86k miles. As of now they still remain at 70 k miles.