Using Bluebird for foreign ATM withdrawls

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by ttervooren, Aug 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ttervooren
    Original Member

ttervooren Silver Member

Status Points:
    I searched, but found nothing on foreign use of the BB, so I thought I'd fill you in on how it's working for me. I live in Mexico most if the time now and we do very little CC spending here. Up til now we'd just cash a US check at our local bank to get pesos every week. Lots of money spent, but no points/miles.
    So, I picked up a Bluebird card last time I was in the US and am using it here in Ajijic, MX to fund my peso withdrawls. It's working well. Even including the Bluebird $2 per transaction and the local ATM fees, I'm getting a better exchange rate than my Mexico bank offers for cashing a US check. It's only .22 pesos per dollar better, but I also get the UR points for the reloads. My brother buys the Vanilla reloads and phones the pin to me for reload. Nice to get some points for the day-to-day expenses here.

mht_flyer and MX like this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been very happy using the BB account for ATMs overseas vs. my bank ATM. I've used it thus far in Munich, Ljubljana and Johannesburg without issues.

Plus I love that for card purchases there's no foreign transaction fee which makes this card very handy overseas.

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awesome. I usually use Bb when I travel (just in case I get mugged or lose my wallet) but wasn't sure if it'll work well overseas.

Thanks