Using BD DC points on Tam?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | South America' started by oneluckybastard, May 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. oneluckybastard

oneluckybastard Active Member

Status Points:
    I would like to fly EZE-ASU-MVD in August and the full fare is currently around GBP300. I would like to use up my BD DC points before they convert to Avios, is there a website I can use to do this rather than call BMI?

harvson3 and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    To clarify, you would like to fly that route, or you would like to visit those cities?

Asunción is welcoming yet bizarre. The same generals and dictators who plunged Paraguay into idiotic, wasteful wars are entombed regally and have streets named after them. Also, it's hot, and right outside the city you can buy all varieties of Chacoan roadkill.

You should be able to book on PZ (TAM Paraguay), and see some (limited) availbility on the ANA website. However, I don't think there's an alternative to calling in.

(I would also mention that the ferry to MVD is cheaper and maybe even faster, but this site introduced me to the idea that some people want to 'add lines.')

3. oneluckybastard

oneluckybastard Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply, and the roadkill bbq culinary tip. I will visit those cities but prefer to fly to Asuncion from BA, spend 4 days there, then fly to Montevideo and catch the boat back to BA after 5 days in Uruguay. It will save me from losing a day on a return trip to each city, even if the boat is cheaper. Any other advice or tips welcome though...