Using BA miles to travel from EZE to SFO

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by triff, May 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. triff

triff New Member

Status Points:
    I have tons of BA miles sitting there but almost nothing else. I'm trying to find a one way ticket from EZE to SFO around Sept 4-9th but has no luck so far. Is this even possible?

waqararif likes this.
  2. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might open up a few more options if you considered trading your BA miles for another partner ( Star Alliance for UA? ). If you want to keep it simple you may be able to identify some AA seats which BA miles should access.

triff likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would have had luck with AA if they had any MileSAAver awards, but their calendar shows nothing but AAnytime fares during that month, hence they won't show up when you search for partner awards on the BA site.

I think LAN might be an option too, but you're better off flagging this thread and requesting that the mods move it to the BA side where you can get more relevant answers.

4. Gary Steiger
    Original Member

Gary Steiger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Note that only those who understand "EZE" will understand your question.

viguera likes this.
  5. triff

triff New Member

Status Points:
    I'm totally new here. How do I trade BA miles for UA? UA seems to have a pretty good availability.

Flying Bat likes this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're on MP for more than 2 weeks you know what EZE is... :)

But that's also what the highlight function is for.

thegrailer and Flying Bat like this.
  7. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are any multitude of ways people trade / barter / swap miles. Sometimes its the only way as we enter the world of limited good seats ever offered in a world awash in miles of limited utility.

8. Gary Steiger
    Original Member

Gary Steiger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not true. Obviously I have been around awhile, recognized EZE as familiar (I have been there a few times), but did not remember where it is. And I wonder what percentage of users even know about the highlight function and how to use it.

I was simply trying to say (to everyone) that using codes for anything (airports, airlines, etc.) limits responses from only those who understand the codes. Why limit responses at all if you want a good answer to your question? Perhaps to maintain a sense of "in group" for regular users? Sad.

9. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree

Moreover, if one knows that BA is British Airways rather than Buenos Aires, EZE is a piece of cake. Especially since in my travels, more folks use BA to refer to the city than to the airline. ;)

Cheers -

10. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Surface Interval Silver Member

Status Points:
    BITD, B4 TXT it was EZ to RYS. VBS​
    Back in the day, before texting it was easy to read your screen. :)

How much further can our written communication devolve?

11. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:

I don't think there are any direct flights from EZE to SFO. I looked SFO up in wikipedia and it looks like the only direct flight between South America and SFO is on LAN from Lima. I played around with BA.com and couldn't find anything out of EZE to the US on those days. I did find availability on AA on 9/8 for GRU-JFK-SFO. You obviously would need to position yourself to GRU but you could probably find a ticket there for not too much.

triff likes this.