Using BA Miles in North America

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by chef4u, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    How difficult is it to get a flight on AA using BA miles in North America? I've got about 25K miles and would like to use them for a YYZ-LGA or JFK trip. Suggestions and guidance appreciated!

2. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, picking a random date in March brought up 10 options, including one with Lan, so looks pretty good.

Globaliser likes this.
  3. Def take the LAN flight^^^

4. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    The easiest place to search for availability is also most likely to find all the options: at aa.com. Select "Redeem AAdvantage Miles" and enter your date and route. Find flights that suit you and show "MileSAAver" award availability in your preferred class of travel. Then call BA to book.

5. I looked at this option recently for a regional flight out of ORD which was circa £350 return for a 1 hour flight. Then thought better of it as 25,000 BA miles seemed a ridiculous value.

6. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right. There are better uses for 25,000 BAEC miles.

Sometimes, though, a US domestic round trip prices up at closer to $1,000. I've seen itineraries at that price level with award availability. If it's for a private rather than business trip, one might be tempted.