Using Avios of intra-australia flights?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by merice107, Oct 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been trying to see how many Avios it would cost me to fly Sydney to Gladstone, Australia but I always get nothing to show up (even in economy). I know Qantas flies this route. Does nothing show up on the BA site because Qantas uses some sort of regional airlines (like United Express here in the states)? I was also trying to see if anything showed up for Queensland , NZ to Sydney and nothing shows up either... What am I missing?

2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Possibly, but it looks like the first problem is that ba.com doesn't recognise Gladstone (GLT) as a destination. So that's going to wreck any search from the word go.
    Perhaps that Queensland is a place (indeed, a state) in Australia? ;)

On the assumption that you mean Queenstown (ZQN), ba.com will show these. Have a look at 15 February 2014, for example. If you see nothing, there may simply be no availability.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha. Oh boy. Thank you... you assumed correctly :)

4. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like there are about 2 Saturdays a month all they up to June. Then some decent availability in June. And then not much of anything in July or August. Needless to say, not anything consistent that I can count on.