Using Avios for Lan Argentina: EZE-MIA

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Jackknife, Apr 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jackknife

Jackknife Active Member

Status Points:
    I am having all sorts of problems seeing ANY availability for this route on British Airways site, no matter what dates I select. I called LAN and there is plenty of Award availability on July 3 and 4 (my two days of travel), but when I called the Executive Club, they are unable to book this route (they also say they see no availability for those dates).

Anyone have any tips on how to right this ship?

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it's a LAN Argentina operated flight then the airline code is 4M...that might help them see availability.

3. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just because LAN has award availability doesn't mean they're releasing it for BA customers to book awards, though.

4. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I've just checked the whole of August on the route, and there is no economy reward availability showing on BA.com at all (except via SCL on a couple of days). Given that AA operates 2 services per day (which would show on BA.com if there were availability), that rather suggests this is a high demand route and that there is, in fact, no availability.

desamo likes this.
  5. KLA
    Original Member

KLA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was having trouble last week trying to get LAN flights from JFK/MIA-SCL. On my third call to Executive Club the agent said they'd been having problems with their system for several weeks. In my case, 8 seats would be showing available on the BA website (and on Quantas) but the payment page would say the flight had sold out while I was booking. Even asking the agents to request particular flights manually didn't yield availability. My dates were in early May so I settled for slightly different dates in order to get it booked.

desamo likes this.
  6. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    That wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

LAN awards have a two tier redemption system with only the lowest rates available to BAEC I believe....which probably explains why LAN said there was availability.

7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    More knowledgable sources ( certainly more than those posting here :)) have confirmed on multiple ocasions that there has been seemly on-going/intermittent problems with accessing LAN inventory.

Even at that, Its not with some great amusement that I observe that it appears others here have somehow managed to arrive at the conclusion that checking ba.com is a definative and accurate overview of LAN or even BA inventory for that matter.:)

8. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh dear, you're almost illiterate.

I checked with ba.com and GGL. What checks did you make?

9. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    And you expect a response to this crap?:rolleyes:

10. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your unfailing eloquence tells us all we need to know about the quality of your inquiries (and indeed your thoughts generally).

11. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apparently LAN is about to change their reservation system software..... so be prepared for more issues of all things LAN related.... :rolleyes: